The Illinois Lamb & Wool Producers
2017 Illinois Sheep Day Meeting—March 11th
Join the Illinois Lamb & Wool Producers for an informative program and annual meeting Saturday March, 11th. The event will be held at the IL Department of Agriculture Building, Springfield, IL. The IL Department of Ag Building is at the State Fairgrounds 801 E Sangamon Ave. Enter gate 11, building is on right and parking on left. The meeting is in the Auditorium. Registration begins at 9am.
The program includes informative topics for those who have raised sheep for many years and those new to sheep production. Several different topics will be discussed by industry experts as well as current sheep producers.
- Learn more about accelerated lambing from producer Terry Becherer who has a successful program.
- Basics of artificial insemination and pregnancy checks will be discussed by Richard Cobb, from the animal science department at University of Illinois.
- Producing superior wool fleeces will be presented by Ann Crider, a member of the ASI wool council.
- Longtime producer, Mike Wallace will share his experience with multi species grazing and marketing insights for hair sheep.
After the program, lunch will be served. During lunch producers from various areas of the industry will be available to talk to new producers. A membership drive is planned for the conference. Talk to your neighbor, bring a friend! This conference is an excellent way for new producers to meet others in the industry and get helpful information.
The annual meeting for the Illinois Lamb and Wool Producers will be held following lunch. All producers are encouraged to attend and give their ideas to assist the organization. At the meeting the ILWP will be electing officers and directors. New members are encouraged to participate
The Illinois Sheep and Wool Marketing Board annual meeting will be held around 2:00 pm.
In addition, there will be a silent auction and many door prizes.
Registration is $20 for adults, $10 for children and students. The registration fee includes lunch. For more information contact Elton Mau at 309-825-5435, email@example.com or Jane Zeien at 815-544-9582 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plan now to attend this once a year event. It is an excellent opportunity to learn practical information to help make your sheep production successful.
Support our Industry and Illinois Lamb and Wool
by becoming an
Affiliate Member Today!
Click Here for Member Registration Form
Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader
For more information on sheep production please contact
one of our Mentors via the link on the left.
Illinois Lamb & Wool Producers Dues Renewal Form is available by clicking on the link below. Please Support YOUR Industry
The Objectives of the Illinois Lamb & Wool Producers, Inc.
- To Promote, strengthen and advance the Sheep Industry in Illinois and the nation.
- To encourage Illinois producers to be progressive and up-to-date and make maximum use of recommended production practices as they are developed.
- To encourage the production of prolific, quality sheep in both commercial and purebred flocks.
- To increase the involvement and education of youth in both sheep production and the Illinois Sheep Industry.
- To promote the marketing of high quality lamb and wool products.
illinoissheep.net would like to welcome any business to become a website advertiser. They can also be found on our links page. Please take a moment and visit our sponsor websites.
Calendar of Events
If you have calendar events that need to be listed on our site please contact
Jane Zeien (815-544-9582 or email@example.com) .
Build this Feeder Plans Below
Sheep Feeder Instructions
Page 1, 2, 3, 4